The perfect summer’s day treat, pop it in a flask for a picnic or enjoy a long glass after a wild swim in our pond.
SO much easier and less wasteful than juicing lemons, in this recipe you blend the whole fruit!
4 unwaxed* lemons (chopped roughly)
150g golden caster sugar
2 x 500ml water
Ice and slices of lemon
*Because you’re going to use the whole lemons it is important they are unwaxed. If you can’t get hold of them it is possible to buy normal ones and scrub off the wax with very hot water and washing liquid.
You will need a food processor or blender and a sieve
- Put the lemons, sugar and 500ml of water into the processor and whizz them up.
- Strain this through a sieve, reserving the liquid.
- Put the strained pulp back into the processor with another 500ml of water.
- Strain this again, add the liquid to the first batch and discard the pulp.
- Add plenty of ice and a slice and serve pondside for the ultimate refreshing post dip drink!
I have added mint and lime for a mojito style drink (you could even go as far as rum!)
Also a few raspberries creates a delicious pink lemonade!
Let me know if you give it a try